Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 20, 2006



Here is a rather poor picture of my newest wall hanging. My design wall is being used for the Red Hats so I had to photograph this one on the table. The teapots are made from brocade that I bought in China a couple of years ago. They are fused onto silk that I found in a thrift shop. The silk was some kind of samples because there were many pieces in different colors and all with a large grommet in the corner. It will be a nightmare to assemble I am sure but I will use lots of spray startch and maybe some sort of sashing that is a bit more stable. It looks very exotic and elegant with that fabric. I have three more teapots to make. The Japanese Kanji in the middle says "Tea".

Our internet connection is via satelite dish on top of the house (one of the many joys of country life) and lately the trees have been interfering with the signal. Now we are waiting for a taller mast for the dish. It will be about two weeks. Meanwhile we are on sometimes and off a lot of the time. I didn't realise how much I want to read my blogs until I couldn't all day yesterday. Anyway, if I seem to be lax with blogging, it is probably that I am unable to get online and feeling very frustrated.

6 comments:

Tonya R said...

Looks luscious. One of these days I'm going to play with silk. Sorry about the bad signal. I'm on dial up here and we go through periods where it's impossible to get a connection to the internet.

anne bebbington said...

Love the bottom teapot with the gold symbol - silk is so sumptuous - a texture you just can't get with cotton - we really do take broadband for granted

Lily said...

Wow Joyce you are a brave quilter! But the end result will be worth the pain :-)

ForestJane said...

Ohh, silk would scare me, so slippery to sew on! Love all the pinks though.

Shelina said...

Oh this is so beautiful. I've never tried to work with silk, but I do have a japanese quilt made with cottons in the works.

Belém said...
This comment has been removed by the author.