Search This Blog

Sunday, June 11, 2006





I am almost finished quilting the burgundy and pink quilt. This time it has gone very well with no tucks or pleats so far. I have only the cable on the border left to sew. I started it but when I got to the corner I had either forgotten to mark part of the end or it is too faint to see. It was time to stop before I ended up with more ripping out.


Meanwhile I have made another hat and a couple more starbursts. Now I have to decide on the arrangement, fuse them on and then the fun part. Decorating them! I think I will decorate them and then add the batting and quilt. I thought of decorating the hats before fusing them on but the fusing side wont slide through the machine. It's too sticky so it's fusing first. It's probably better that way because I can do something with the edges. THen I have to decide what words I want to quilt into the spaces. Also I am thinking it might be better with some sort of border. Maybe red or gold. I didn't like the gold fringe because it reminded me of a banner for some exclusive men's club. Although I suppose the red hats are an exclusive women's club. I still might use it.

4 comments:

dot said...

The quilt turned out nicely. I am sorry to hear you had trouble with the spray basting. I used it exclusively before my long arm.

Leah Spencer said...

The quilting turn out pretty nice! I'm impressed with how densely you quilted it - and also how quickly you have quilted it. :)

P.S. I'll get back to you about the possible puff in the middle or not, once I finish quilting my Around the World.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Depending on what kind of embellishing you're thinking about, you might want to save it until last, after you've done all the quilting and the binding. Otherwise you're going to be trying to quilt around things and that can be a true pain.

Looking GREAT!

Fiona said...

It's looking good - well worth all the unpicking.