Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

July 7 Party

Yesterday we had our yearly July 7th party. It rained hard all morning but cleared up in the afternoon. We had fewer people this year because of the weather and because it was on a Monday this year. In spite of that, we had a lot of fun.

They did a Raku firing which resulted in several nice pots.



A friend brought along his Tibetan Singing Bowls. You run the stick around the rim and it rings like a crystal wine goblet. He also had a huge one that I didn't get a photo of. They each have a different sound.



There was drawing in our new screen tent. This tent is great because it sets up in seconds. All the poles are permanently in the slots so there is no tedious threading to do.


Our son in law set up his John Deere (he painted them himself) drum set up at the stones. Reve had a great time dancing to Matt's Heavy Metal drumming but unfortunately I didn't get a picture of that.


Then Carmel lit the big bonfire.


Later we had a bit of fireworks.
I didn't get a picture of the pot luck meal but it was delicious.

7 comments:

Clare said...

I love those bowls and that tent is something I need too so I can sit outside with my glass of wine watching the stars and not get bitten to bits!

Libby said...

Sounds like a wonderful day *s*

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Oh those pattery bowls! I have such a weakness for pottery.

Chocolate Cat said...

Is there a reason you have a 7th July party?

Darcie said...

I just love "traveling" through your blog! Perhaps someday I can actually meet you in person...and share in some of the wonderful activities.

Speaking of...are you doing the artists' tour this fall?

meggie said...

Lovely Raku pots. Sounds like it was a fun day/night.

Lily Mulholland said...

Sounds fantastic. No outdoor parties here right now!