Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Circle Game


I got this big stack of goodies in the mail from Mary Anne. We signed up for Quilt Pixie's swap. I am really happy with what I received. I just hope Mary Anne feels the same when she gets my parcel next week.


I have finished the first round of embellishing and started to sew the blocks together. I think I will re-do the Saturn rings one though. It's too big and too dark to show up well. Also the rings are not quite the right shape. I do like the way the lower right block turned out. I put black rick rack around the circle and in real life it blends into the background better so that the orange circle really looks like a sun.

5 comments:

BrendaS said...

the saturn rings look good from here. Your scraps look yummy, but they also look more like fat quarters -- are they big pieces? I'm hoping to put mine in the mail soon.

Quilt Pixie said...

love the assortment in the exchange... it'll be neat to see where they'll show up :-)

MYRA said...

Great little bunch of goodies you received there Joyce! 8-)
I like your saturn block just the way it is...really! It's great just how and where it is!!!
Happy stitchings!

meggie said...

Awww, I loved the rings of Saturn...
What a fun project this is!

Clare said...

Great goodies. I'm getting mine together at the mooment.