Search This Blog

Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Games Continue...

Here I have re-arranged the blocks to go from light upper left to dark lower right. I have moved some of the circles right out of the block and overlapped some seams. I've made some of the small circles round and added a couple of colors. I'm still not decided on the star sewing but I am going to back all of them with iron-on stabilizer and turn them so they won't be raw edge.
I seem to find the large blue dots rather annoying for some reason so I might change that fabric to something a bit more subtle.

8 comments:

Fiber Babble said...

Okay, let me get this straight: You have an orange border and hot pink, lime green and lava-lamp colored fabrics in the quilt - and the BLUE is un-subtle?

Is there specific thinking about the smallest shapes being oval, rather than circular? Or is that just the nature of the beast? No complaints, just curious here.

Donna said...

The addition of some smoall circles overlaping the seams between blocks makes all the difference in the world to my eyes.... I've been watching this one develop and wondered about the oval shape too...

Julie Bagamary said...

Just found your blog and really like the circles. I agree with you about the blue polka dots only as the background block.

Julie Bagamary said...

Maybe just changing out the blue polka dot square would do it.

meggie said...

I just love it!!

Lynda said...

It's fabulous! I like the blue dots fabric, but maybe not all concentrated in the top section of the quilt?

ForestJane said...

I tend to like the polkadots better in the brighter combos too. :)

But I like all the circles!

Myra said...

I like it Joyce! Very playful, like you! 8-)
I guess you've probably tried many different arrangements hey?
An art quilt, not a children's quilt...
Happy stitchings!
Hope you enjoyed the sun this weekend!