Thursday, October 02, 2008
Thinking Thigs Over
Somewhere on the blogs I saw the idea of placing some plastic over the quilt and trying out patterns . I happened to have bought a piece of thick plastic at the thrift shop and I have some dry erase markers. They work perfectly on the plastic and are easy to erase. I still haven't come up with a design I like though. Part of the problem is that with my short arm system I am limited to about three inches deep. I can't do the whole star with one pattern because it's more like six inches square. I went out an measured. They are 7.25 inches square. A rather odd size I thought.
Here is the first layout for the K quilt. I'm sure it will undergo many changes before I sew it together. I also need to make a few more boxes. And decide what color to make the borders.
Now that I look at it in a photograph I see several changes I want to make. I have already made several since I took the picture.