Friday, February 05, 2010
A Finish and an Audition
I put the binding on this one today. I just sewed it to the back and zigzaged it down on the front. It's quite small but would do for a couch quilt. I may donate this one as well.
A few people suggested doing this one without sashing so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I think I will go with sashing now that I see it without. Putting it up on the design wall this way did help with the block arrangement. I saw a few that looked out of place when they were touching. Right now I am dyeing some fabric, hopefully dark gray. I haven't washed it out yet so I'm not sure how dark it will be. I also tried a dark blue with stars that looked very nice but unfortunately I only had a very small piece of it.