Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Quilt Quote


I really liked the quote that PWL left in the comments so here it is, slightly abridged. Can you read it with the zig zag print I used for the letters? I'm not sure if I will keep that star or make a bigger one in the blocks. I could also make another one here and also add more stars hidden in the blocks. The words will be surrounded by the blocks I showed in my last post plus a lot more. I can see this as a sort of medallion quilt with the words surrounded by different liberated style borders.
Do you think I should add the name of the author of the quote?

5 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

I couldn't read the words in the photo, but when I clicked to enlarge it, I could. I rather like the wavy b&w, fits the quote. I'd put the author's name on back label.

Kay said...

Perfect quotation. You need the author, but just write it with pen somewhere.

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun. yes, a bit hard to read but very fitting for what you're dong. bigger star!

bettinag1 said...

hard to read unless you enlarge it but very true....should make a really great medallion quilt... can't wait to see what colors you use

Brenda said...

I couldn't read it from the small photo, but it was easy to read in the bigger one. looks like fun! interesting story in the paper about your sons.