Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Words Assembled



I assembled the words today. At first I had Nietzsche spelled wrong but just had to add a few more letters. I noticed it before I assembled the words. I have noticed now, though, that the H in Nietzsche should be lower case. I did the rest of the words in upper case but thought I'd change for the author's name. I started the H in lower case, had a mental lapse, thought that I was doing upper case and changed it . Now that it's all assembled I see that I was wrong. I'm still debating on whether to change it back to lower case or not.
I'm not sure if I will use the random blocks here or if I'll make a round of wonky stars and then do the random blocks in the next round. They seem a bit too big for this round.
I'm also wondering if the black and pink dotted round is wide enough. It is 1.5 inches right now so it will be very narrow when it's sewn in. I'm thinking that it would be better finishing at about 2 inches.

8 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

That errant "H" is a bit of appropriately added chaos to this piece.

Your idea of wonky stars between the center panel and the crazy-pieced blocks sounds like a good one. After all those are up for auditioning is when I would decide about the width of that pink/black dotted inner border.

pwl said...

Wow - so cool! I'm glad you like the quote - it's one of my favourites. And it's lovely to see it come to life in this way.

jovaliquilts said...

You changed the fabric for the author's name, so don't worry about the H. I certainly didn't notice it, and that's the fun of something like this. I think wonky stars as a border is a great idea.

em's scrapbag said...

I also like the idea of the wonky stars.

Gayle said...

I like the "H". This is a great quote and this is turning out to be quite remarkable.

Debra Dixon said...

These pieces you are doing right now are so energetic and spontaneous! Love them!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Love the quote and love this so far.
Do not worry about the H....right now I would make the polka dot border wider but Nellie is right...wait and see how your wonky stars change things first.

Chris Daly said...

What a great quote to use in this funky quilt.