Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Baking Day


Today was thrift day and bread baking day in the afternoon.
At the thrift store I saw a Singer Featherweight with no case for $60. It looked like it needed a new cord from the sewing machine to the foot pedal and the plug cord had been replaced with a brown one. The gold decoration was in perfect condition and it sews well. The people at the MCC recondition machines before they put them out. Did I make a big mistake in leaving it there? I already have a Featherweight so I don't really need another but maybe I could have sold it...I second guessed myself all the way home.

3 comments:

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Go back go back! hahahahaha!
I think you could have made money on it case or not. They have held their price and you know what they go for if you have one.

Oh well...someone else will snatch it up and I hope it is someone who needs one and just can not pay the usual price. :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

A Featherweight? I've never been lucky enough to even see one in person! Never mind, I'm pretty happy with my $5 Singer 185!!

Darcie said...

Mmm...the bread looks heavenly. Perfect weather for bread making and baking.

My daughters always say that if you cannot stop thinking about a potential purchase, perhaps you'd better go back and get it. lol Just food for thought.