Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kalispell, Montana


We are in Kalispell, Montana on our way back to Kelowna, BC. We took a gondola ride to the top of Big Mountain near Whitefish,Mt. You can see the walking trail which we decided not to do. There was too much heat and too little time.


Have you ever wondered how often hotel bedspreads are washed? I often do so this time I threw a couple of scrap quilts into the car and when we get to the hotel I toss their bedspread and blanket onto a chair and use my own. We both agree that we get a better sleep knowing the blankets are clean.

6 comments:

Darcie said...

That's a great idea! And besides being something cuddly from home...it would bring a scent of home, too. Nice!

Myself and 3 friends rode the train out to Portland, OR a few years back. Whitefish was one of our quick stops along the way. It looked like a fabulous area to re-visit...someday. ;-) Thanks for the reminder.

Happy travels!!!

PS. Ha...my word veri is: desserta. You are enjoying some desserta on your trip, I hope!

Silverthimble said...

I love that black and white check border print on that one scrap quilt! Very effective!

Debra Dixon said...

Your scrap quilts sure liven up that dull hotel room!

Elaine Adair said...

I did the same during last trip I took (my own quilts got brought along). Much more comfort.

MyCretanlife said...

You can't beat a bit of home comfort can you.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. Hotel cover are always the wrong weight/warmth. I'll have to bring a quilt on my next car trip.