Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Home at Last


We just got back from BC after a couple of marathon driving days.
What is a trip without a bit of qult shopping? I got the fabric in Grand Forks, BC. The yellow will work on my One Block Wonder quilt. I have been looking for a good backing for it and this piece was on sale. The stripe struck me as perfect for a border for a wild and wonky quilt. We'll see...
The books look very interesting. I have Gloria Loughman's other book about landscape quilting. This one is a bit more abstract. The other one is all about different embellishments. They are both fun reading with inspiring illustrations even if I never make a quilt using their methods.
Meanwhile, before that I have a lot of unpacking and a huge pile of laundry to do. Before I start that I need a really good sleep in my own bed.

2 comments:

Dolores said...

I have looked at that book on Chapters and wondered if it was worth getting. Love the fabrics. Rest up.

Paula, the quilter said...

Oooo... love that b&w stripe.