Search This Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010


I wanted to do some stash reduction and to make something fairly simple because it has been so busy around here lately that I haven't had time to do much sewing. I don't want to start something complicated until I have a bit more time. I saw this project on Katherine's blog, Quilter Going Bananas and thought it was just the ticket. It is a bit more complicated than I had anticipated but thanks to the design wall I can step back and take a good look before sewing the pieces together.
Since I saw this picture I have already moved the blue and navy piece at the bottom. There is not enough contrast between the two lighter blues. I took a black and white photo to be sure of my values but they were all too blurry to post. I saw what I needed to change though.
Looking back at Katherine's instructions, I think I have some major mistakes here...no wonder hers looked better. Hmmm...

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Mistakes? Well, I don't see them!! You're doing something I would certainly never tackle.

Vicki W said...

That pattern was the second quilt that I ever made. I really loved it and have always wanted to make another one. I'm glad you are doing it for me, my list is too long!

Judy said...

Yours looks very nice Joyce. Don't be so critical!!! LOL I used to love creating these!

xo

Dolores said...

I love one template quilts. I made this but in a barn raising pattern.