Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Decision Made


I got a couple of pieces of fabric in town today but in the end I liked the dark hand dyed fabric the best. I may take out some paintsticks and fabric paint to do a bit of embellishing on it when it's all put together. The sashing looks a bit heavy. Maybe I should have made it narrower. I could also quilt it with silver thread and draw stars and other celestial things on it. I'm not sure how well the metalic thread will work on the quilting machine. It goes very fast...

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

I like the dark too and silver thread would look great!

Chris Daly said...

I'm glad you went with the dark sashing. It really shows off your fabrics.

Myra said...

Looks great to me Joyce! I think I am going to have to try fabric dyeing at some point... Love the look! 8-)

Lynda said...

I'm sure you already know this, but it's best to use a metallic needle for metallic thread. (I wondered why my thread kept splitting and breaking!)

Meggie said...

I love this!!