Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Home Again


One of my friends had to get some tests done at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester so I volunteered to accompany her. What trip is complete without a quilt shop? There was a Hancock's with a 60% off sale just down the street from our hotel. I got the fabrics in the photo . I think I exercised quite a bit of restraint!


The next stop was TJ Maxx where there was also a mega sale going on. I got a new suitcase for our trip to Australia, two bathing suits and some running shoes (not that I run...). I thought I was finished shopping when I spied this leather bag. I know, I have dozens of bags but this one was too beautiful to pass up. The back is the same without the butterfly. The price was right so it came home with me.
We drove home just before a big ice storm in Rochester and a predicted blizzard here that didn't actually amount to much. It's good to be home.

7 comments:

Ali Honey said...

Happy New Year! good shopping there.That is quits an unusual bag. bags may be used for many things one can never have too many even when making them ourselves. Enjoy.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You went to Hancocks big sale and that's all you bought? Wow - you're a strong woman!! Happy new year!

carmel said...

glad you are home safe and sound mum...sounds like you both made the best of what could have been a less than fun journey! good onyas!

Mary-Frances said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary-Frances said...

Your willpower is tops Joyce, I think you should celebrate by buying more fabric! lol Glad you are home safe and sound.

Myra said...

Good to hear you are home in one piece!!! Happy new year to you!! 8-)

Great fabrics Joyce! Ya done good!!!
That certainly is an eye-catching bag! Love it!! 8-)

Lily Mulholland said...

Gorgeous bag! And you were VERY restrained!