Search This Blog

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Word Quilts


Because Tonya's new book, Word Play Quilts is being released soon, people have been posting pictures of quilts made using her techniques. Here are a few of mine.


On this one I tried words without spaces between the letters.


This one of the chickens is my favorite. There aren't many words on it but the chickens and the fox are all pieced using the same techniques. It was probably the most difficult quilt I ever did!


I love the words on this one but never liked the landscape. I probably should have taken the word border off and done something else with it but I did finish it.

9 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Such great word quilts. I really like the chickens and the sunshine ones.

Dolores said...

These are wonderful. I too like the chickens.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Cute! Are you loving your new machine? blessings, marlene

Libby Fife said...

Wow! You have been busy. Those are so cute. I particularly like the sunshine one:)

Millie said...

I love your letters, and I admire you for doing SO MANY on the poem quilt. I love that you really went for broke with the fox and the chickens!

Tonya Ricucci said...

love those chickens - I think that may be my favorite of all the ones you've made. oh and the winter one - brrrrrr. it's amazing to see all your wonderful quilts together - they're great.

Magpie Sue said...

Your chickens quilt reminds me of Jemima Puddleduck ;- )

I made a couple of word blocks for Tonya but haven't done a whole quilt yet!

Myra said...

Great quilts Joyce! What a collection! 8-)

Rose Marie said...

My favourite has to be the winter one ..... there is just something about that quilt!!!!