Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Hand Dyes



I have lots of hand dyed fabric left over and it's snow dyeing season once again so I thought I'd start another quilt to use up some of it. I have been waffling over the sashing. I think this one is too dark. I don't have enough of the dotted fabric from the last one. I may have to break down and buy some new fabric. I saw a blue with gold stars that might work...
Meanwhile I made a couple of chicken houses. I am thinking of making words to go with them. Maybe "The Sky is Falling" since these chickens look a bit freaked out.

2 comments:

Mary-Frances said...

Wow, you've been working up a storm in your studio! The hand-dyed fabric is fab and I love, love, love the idea of "The Sky is Falling" - I see you've been having fun with your new machine. Awesome!

Darcie said...

Snow dyeing season. That's a good name for it! It's not winter...but snow dyeing season. ;-)

Have fun with your chicken houses!