Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Some Bling


I have sewn it together, added rickrack and now am deciding on bling placement. At this point I'll probably quilt it, back it and then make a final decision on which adornments to use and where to place them. I plan on finding some sort of branch to go through the top as a hanger. The two end pieces are loops and the middle will be the gold ring. It looked too heavy in the middle when I put a fabric loop there.
It seems to need something to counter balance the red circle on the far left so there will probably be some beads or something there. Then I'll need a few on the right to balance that out.
Any comments or ideas on finishing details would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

When I first came to your blog and saw this I thought ... oh I missed these pieces with all the beads etc hanging off of them. Love this one and the patterns and textures. Glad to see you do another.

Debra Dixon said...

You may know this already but when you sew your ring on at the top, don't sew it flat (like pictured) but sew it so the ring is facing out. Otherwise, the ring gets twisted trying to put the rod through it.

Alot more bling on the bottom would be my suggestion.