Search This Blog

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Animal Farm


Here is the horse all finished. Someone commented that he is robust and I have to agree with that. I fused the sheep but I think I will save it for some different use. It doesn't look much like a sheep with those huge google eyes and also it doesn't match the other animals in style enough. I will look for a piece of quilting cotton that has a sheep-like pattern. Or, if that fails, I'll just use a piece of white.
I went to the quilt show on Friday without my camera but I'll be going back later today for another look and to pick up my quilts after 5, so hopefully I will remember the camera this time. It is very impressive as usual. I am amazed at what a good hanging job they do, putting quilts that go together side by side. It has a very professional look. I'm proud to have some of my quilts hanging there.

6 comments:

meggie said...

That horse is really great! Inclined to agree about the sheep, not quite fitting.
Congratulations on having your quilts displayed. Hope we get to see pics of those!

carmel said...

now you need a cat with a bowl of milk, some cheese, a dog, a farmer, his wife, a goose, oxen, a hay cart, a hay stack,a grain elevator a veggie patch, a big tree with a swing, some kids...
am i getting carried away?!? i think it's looking really good, but i agree that the sheep is like the sesame street song 'which one doesn't belong'...

carmel said...

oops, i meant a mouse with some cheese. and a sack of grain. lol!

atet said...

Hmmn, have to agree about the sheep. Just doesn't seem to go. The horse and goat look fantastic though.

Can't wait to see pics from your quilt show!

Pam said...

I love the goat. I do hope we get some quilt show pictures :))

Lily Mulholland said...

Joyce congrats on your menagerie! Love the goat.

Congrats on having your quilts on show - make sure you take some photos of your quilts in situ. :)