Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2007

Seven Things

Judy at Judy in the Dyes has tagged me to tell seven things about myself that you don't already know. I guess family members who read this can just ignore it because these seven things are probably no surprise.

1. I am deathly afraid of heights. I stayed at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower when everyone else went up. When I went up to the top of the Gaudi cathedral in Barcelona I thought I'd have a heart attack. I've been that way all my life.
2. I haven't been to a hairdresser for probably thirty years. That would explain the long gray hair!
3. I can't remember numbers, especially prices. I can remember book and movie plots in detail though.
4. I love to read maps. When we travel I always have a map on my knee and check it regularly.
5. I like to tell stories. I used to tell my kids a new original bedtime story every night. We had the same characters doing different things every night. Too bad I never wrote any of them down.
6. I like to draw, although I'm not very good at it. I used to illlustrate stories for the kids as I was telling them, adding things as the story progressed. They never criticized the drawing no matter how strange it turned out.
7. I'm a sucker for gadgets. One look in my kitchen drawers or sewing room would tell you that.

Whew! That was not easy. I'm tagging Meg, Clare, Anne, Dawn,Norma,Debbi,Donna,and Lily.

2 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Uh-oh!!

My dad used to make stories up for us too. There was always a grizzly bear in there!!

Jane Ann said...

Oh, how I wish I'd been as creative with my children when they were little. Neither one of them has ever expressed much artistic interest. Now I'm making up for it with my DGD. I tell vivid stories and sometimes her dolls "talk." I've probably gone overboard because her imagination is expansive. Several imaginary friends and a very real imaginary sister whose adventures ALWAYS top ours! What a gift you gave your kids.