Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2009

Australian Games


I started a new piece using some of the Australian fabrics that Alison left here. The circle was inset using Sharon Schambler's Piecelique technique. Then I sliced them up the way I have been doing lately.
A couple of people have asked which books I am using. Here they are.

Thinking Outside the Block: Step by Step to Dynamic Quilts (Paperback)

by Sandi Cummings (Author), Karen Flamme (Author)

Quilters Playtime: Games With Fabrics (Paperback)

by Dianne S Hire (Author)


I tried to copy and paste pictures of the covers but I couldn't seem to do it but if you click on the authors names you will be directed to Amazon.

5 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Those are wonderful fabrics!
I think you right click and copy the image location, then click to upload a photo on blogger and paste the image location in the spot where it says to upload an image from the web. This has worked for me.

Lynn Cohen said...

I love these pieces and the lay out too. It will be a wonderful art quilt this way.

Vicki W said...

Oh great. More books that I "need" to buy!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We used to carry some Australian fabrics at the quilt shop where I worked. I really like the graphic ones that you have.

Darcie said...

Those fabrics are fabulous, Joyce! I love that echo-type one up in the left corner and again in the lower center/right. Very cool. Any story behind it that you know of?

This piece looks very earthy...outback-inspired. Bet fond thoughts of Alison's stay are flooding your mind.