Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A New Technique


This one is all finished including the hanging sleeve unless I decide to add more beads later. I have lots of the colored stars so that could happen. When I went to add the strings of beads I couldn't find the thread I bought on the weekend. I used the floss again and found the thread when I was putting the beads and floss away. Oh well, next time.


This is a new quilt game technique called a Rosy. These ones are pretty big as you can see by the 18 inch ruler. I didn't have enough of the middle fabric unfortunately because I love the looks of it. I'm not sure about the dark petals. I may try something more toward blue with a yellow stripe in it. If I use these they will be attached with raw edge applique. In the book they use satin stitch but I'm not really into that look for these pieces.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

You are on a roll!

Myra said...

Awesome finish, floss and all... lol!

Looky, looky, looky! Love your Rosy blocks! 8-)

Happy stitchings!

Gayle said...

I'm loving the rosy blocks!