Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cushion


I wanted to try some more techniques from my Out of the Block quilt book. It ended up being a cushion top and I got rid of a whole bag of batting scraps at the same time. The colors look quite faded on my screen compared to what they really are. The peachy background is my attempt at snow dyeing. I wasn't crazy about it but it does make a very nice background for these strong colors. The black is actually a very dark brown tone on tone with lighter flowery shapes.

6 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

What an intriguing look! I love the way those triangle points switch color and don't quit fit. Looks really good. The peach works well, I think.

em's scrapbag said...

Always fun to try new things. I love to see how your experiments turn out.

Clare said...

Great cushion. I like the triangle points too.

Libby said...

I love it! It will be a great pillow to cuddle with around the fireplace *s*

Elsie Montgomery said...

I like this one too. If I were there, I'd be picking it up and thinking, "How did she make this part...?"

Magpie Sue said...

I quite like this one!