Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Maybe the Last One


This one is all finished except for the label. I just realized that I have a lot of them to label.




Cherie (Daughter) suggested a kimono shape when I talked to her yesterday so here we are. This is just the first layout and will change a lot I'm sure. The horizontal lines are sewn down but not the verticals. The little pom poms were another thrift shop find.
After this one is finished I am thinking that this technique would make nice bags, ultra bright and super embellished.

6 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Your last one reminded me of a kimono during its early stage.

Can't wait to see your new direction for this technique.

Gayle said...

This turned out great! I love your wall hangings. :-)

floribunda said...

I especially love the one with the black & white fabrics. Bravo!

quiltmom anna said...

I am curious to see how you will use this technique in bags - it such a free way to quilt and looks like lots of fun.
I love all the bright colors you are using and the wonderful trims and embellishments that you are adding.Pretty and funky looking!!!!
Happy Quilting, Joyce,
Regards,
Anna

jovaliquilts said...

Yes! These have always seemed kimono like to me, and this one just accentuates what the others have hinted at. Looks great. What a wonderful series you have here. :)

Millie said...

Love it! Love the kimono shape & the bright colors.