Search This Blog

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Fun Weekend



Ariana had a very productive weekend. First she recovered the seat of a cute little dressing table that we found in a thrift shop. She saw it first and claimed it. Lucky girl. She used a piece of fabric she batiked one other time when she was here. In the photo she is using the glue gun with sparkly glue sticks to make a decorative border around the star that she ironed on.





Then she recovered an old cigar box I found and made a fantastic job of it. Thank goodness for glue guns. She asked me to use the picture without her in it so I am respecting her wishes but I really think she is too cute to hide.

Summer is ready to sew the binding on her quilt but unfortunately the camera batteries died yesterday just as I was taking a picture of her at the sewing machine. Then this morning she woke up with the flu so she is sleeping. Maybe there will be a picture of her later if she starts feeling better.



Meanwhile the twins helped Grampa gesso some pannels for painting. Unfortunately, I snapped the picture while they were just watching and then when they were using the roller, the camera had already run out of batteries.

I think the kids had a good time and I KNOW the Grandparents did.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a talented and creative bunch you got there! You must be having a great time with each other, Joyce.

Fiona said...

Wow, what a talented family - and what a great example of creativity you and your husband are. It's so important for kids to understand the sense of satisfaction from making something themselves and not just going out and buying it. Well, in my book it is, anyway.

Susan said...

They are really going to associate memories of doing things that were fun with going to the grandparents!

Anonymous said...

You are all so creative! And what wonderful memories for the children working with their grandparents :-)

Anonymous said...

it seems that you folks do so many neat projects with those grandkids! They're bound ot hae great memories in the years to come as well as some fun experiences in the here and now :-)

Anonymous said...

I just love the stories about your grand kids.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have had a fun time with the grandchildren. T

KC Quilter said...

Wow, how fun to have such creative family members!!! Love the projects.

Darcie said...

What a fun weekend away at your house and studio those grandchildren of yours had, Joyce! You and your hubby are quite an inspiration to them...as they are to you too, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

What a great time! I always loved it when relatives did crafty stuff with me as a kid. I hope my own kids get into it.

Anonymous said...

What fun, creative, and creativly nurturing grandparents you are! Lucky grandkids. I always enjoy seeing what the 'kids have done while they visit you.

Katrina said...

Wow! I am so impressed with your grandkids! You must be so proud of how artistic and determined they are :)