Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Another One Pinned


Today I pinned the Butterflies. It has been sitting on my design wall staring at me, begging to be finished, so I spent an hour or so pinning. I am thinking of doing free motion on it. The blue will be some sort of meander. I may try to get a cloudy look that I have seen in some magazines. I think I will try some feathers on the wings but maybe when I get to that stage I will chicken out. I'll see how the meander goes. It probably won't go any farther than this before Christmas but at least when I am ready to quilt, it will be pinned and waiting. You can see in the picture that the back is orange. I have lots of orange thread but I'm not sure how that will look on the blue. I'll have to try a sample. The other option is orange bobbin thread and blue on the top. I'll know once I make a couple of samples.

11 comments:

quiltpixie said...

great to have the pinning done so you can start with the "fun" when Christmas has passed...

Linda C said...

This is going to be a gorgeous quilt, whatever you decide!

meggie said...

I never seem to manage pins! I wonder if I am alone in this. I have resorted to quilt spray with a lot of tacking.

The butterflies are really lovely.

Cynthia said...

which ever way you decide to quilt it will look lovely.

Nines said...

It will give you something to look forward to and do when the "after-Xmas" blues hit! Good luck with the quilt and merry Christmas!

Tonya Ricucci said...

It will look marvelous no matter how you quilt it. Enjoy your holiday. Merry Christmas!

Libby said...

The quilting will only enhance this pretty quilt -- enjoy the process.

Susan said...

Oh imagine sleeping under a cloud of butterflies.

I know you are going to machine quilt it but are you using a long arm quilter or a sewing machine?

dot said...

I really like this quilt. It will be fun to see it quilted and completed, have a good time with the quilting.

Judy said...

I've enjoyed visiting your blog. Thanks for dropping by mine...your quilting puts me to shame!! It seems that we have a lot in common. I am also a Gemini...when is your b'day??
Merry Merry!!

Patti said...

This is such a pretty quilt - I've thought so all along - I love the orange back!!!