Search This Blog

Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Book Adventure

When we went to California, I bought Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes to read on our trip. Unfortunately, the last 40 pages or so were missing. Instead it started over. I brought the book back to the bookstore where I bought it. They replaced it with a different copy, and found another faulty one on their shelves in the process. I finished it and passed it to Cherie to read. Her comment was that it was a great book but it started on page 41. This one had the beginning missing. Yesterday we went to Winnipeg so I took it back to the bookstore. They were happy to replace it but had no copies at that location. I opted for a credit because I had already read the book. Instead I bought this book!!!!



I have only read part of it but just looking at their sample quilts is inspiring! And I love their idea of a Border Patrol to go along with the Quilt Police. I am about to start a new quilt and I know they will be an inspiration. Now I am off to read some more of it before I head out to the studio.

9 comments:

Libby said...

I recently borrowed the book from the library and found it very inspiring. It is now on the wishlist for my upcoming birthday.

Jane Ann said...

You definitely made a better trade. Love, love, love that book. Especially the part where Freddy says being in her studio makes her feel, among other things, thin!

quiltpixie said...

it is a wonderful book! I read it quite quickly, then went back and drooled over some of the quilts... always something inspirational in it :-)

meggie said...

Great story!
Amazing how books 'come to us'!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

What a great deal, you get a great read, then a quilt book to boot! I think I should read it if it makes you feel thin-I was going so well until this decadent and lethargic week!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Looks like a good book! Have a great New Year, Joyce.

Shelina said...

I've never heard of a book that is printed so wrong. Guess I'll have to check the pages on any book I buy in the future.
I've read Gwen's other books, but I don't think I've seen that one. Will definitely have to look for it.

Tonya Ricucci said...

That poor publisher - I bet every book gets returned. Guess it was their own fault for poor quality control. Woohoo, a fun book to play with instead!

Judy said...

Don't you just love your new book! Some friends gave me my copy last July, and I have really enjoyed it. Freddy is one of my all-time favorite quilt designers.