Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fabric Galore



We just got back from a trip to Fargo with our BIL and SIL. I told them I'd make a quilt for them if they bought the fabric so that was the reason for the trip. We went on Dec 26 to take advantage of the boxing day sales. The pile of fabric below is what is needed for the pattern above. They are all absolutely gorgeous fabrics and if I can do justice to them, will make a beautiful quilt. There was a sample quilt in the shop that we all fell in love with. The design is from a local designer and only available in Fargo at Rae-Bon fabrics as far as I know. We'll see what happens. I haven't had a chance to really study the pattern yet but I did notice that the blocks are quite simple. It will come down to the arrangement of the fabrics. We bought lots extra to allow for mistakes.



We stopped at Faye's Henhouse in Mayville on our way home and noticed these two kits. I said to go ahead and get them so now I also have two smaller quilts to do for them. I have never done a kit before. I think there is little extra for mistakes but as I said, if I need more fabric we'll just have to take another little road trip. Sigh!



So, now I'm off to the studio to play.

7 comments:

Myra said...

Looks like you have your work cut out for you for the next while Joyce! 8-)
What a wonderful SIL you are!
Great fabrics and patterns!
Love the fabrics your DIL brought back for you! Lovely!
I made fabric gift bags years ago to save on paper... My girls want some now, so I guess I will be making some more...
Happy stitchings!

Maggi said...

The kits look good, have fun making them up.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Looks like you had a successful shopping trip Joyce. I just love Faye's Henhouse :^)

meggie said...

You are going to have fun playing with those kits & those wonderful fabrics!!
Happy New Yearxx

Darcie said...

Oooh what fun! Who is the designer?! It's fun to hear you talk about places that are so very recognizable to me.

Enjoy ringing in the New Year with all of your goodies!

Lise said...

Wow, someone will be busy, but I know the work you do is always awesome, looking forward in seeing these quilts, great colors also.... happy stitching

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

That sounds like my kind of deal! Lovely fabrics,
Hope Christmas was great,
love Tracey