Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Games are Back

Here are a couple of circles I made using the Quilters' Games and also being inspired by Judy Morningstar's quilt in the quilt show I saw a couple of months ago. She used light colored fabric on the back and it shows up ever so slightly under the edge seam when you see it in person. These are still a bit rough. I need to perfect sewing in a circle and refine my ideas of what should go in the center. These blocks are 6 inches square. It might be better if they were a bit bigger so there could be more planning in the middle. They are 6 inches because that's the width of my ruler.

9 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think it is hard to make the circles perfect. It looks like a fun project though.

Donna said...

great way to set scraps off!

Wanda said...

great circle quilt pieces. I never saw circle pieces before! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them

em's scrapbag said...

I make things 6" for the same reason. What a fun project. I love how your mind thinks.

Julie Bagamary said...

I usually use my walking foot when sewing in a cirle.

Clare said...

I love the colours. Do you make a big block then cut out a circle having first drawn it in the fabric?

YankeeQuilter said...

I have lots of quilt blocks made the size of the acrylic ruler on-hand-at- the-moment...quilt like I cook maybe? Come to think of it the last circle quilt I made all the circles were the size of a CD!

Looks like a fun pattern!

Dionne said...

The dark background sets off your colors wonderfully!
Cheers,
Dionne

jovaliquilts said...

So glad you're playing again -- I really enjoy your creativity. It's so much fun to look at!