Search This Blog

Monday, March 23, 2009

Cleaning Day


Today I spent most of my time cleaning and organizing the studio. I want to do some more dyeing and that corner was such a mess that I really couldn't use it. Here it is now (I forgot my camera at the house so no before picture) all ready to get messed up again.


Here is the bead corner, clean but still not organized. I have to get some sort of container for them first.


Here are the most recent dye jobs. The pale on on the left is really much nicer than it would appear in this picture. The vines are done using a stencil and Shiva Paintsticks. I want to do some thread work on top of the leaves as soon as I get some sort of border on it.



These last two are snow dyes. There is still a bit of snow so I thought I might as well take advantage of it. I folded two pieces in four and laid them one on top of the other on a plastic grid over a plastic box to catch the melting snow. I used pink and yellow dye but the yellow mostly got eaten up by the pink. I love how the grid shows on the bottom section of the bottom piece. I thought that would be it for snow dyeing for this year but they are predicting a big snowstorm tomorrow so there may be one more run at it! For all you folks out there who hate winter, sorry to sound so cheerful about more snow.

7 comments:

Myra said...

Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do! 8-)
Looks like you have a nice big sewing studio Joyce! Good for you! 8-)
Interesting dye jobs! That task is best left to you... 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Your dyeing colours look great. Im off to do some dyeing on the weekend. Hope to get a fare range of colours to play with. Lots of brights I hope and maybe some pale ones too.

Donna said...

snow dyeing might be the one bright spot in tomorrow's weather forecast! :-)

Lynn Cohen said...

I did some picking up just now and can see about a foot of my design table bottom. LOL Oy.
Yours look great.

Wanda said...

Beautiful dyework! I am so envious of your work area! So awesome! Messy or cleaned up..it looks great!

Darcie said...

Those snow dyes are absolutely gorgeous! I love the gridded one especially!

Before hand dyeing for myself, I never realized just how lovely yellow and pink are together. I love it when I get a little of both. ;-)

Stay safe and warm and dry.

em's scrapbag said...

Your dyed fabrics are fabulous. I can't wait to see what you do with the vine.