Here's the Tibetan Robe so far. I got the quilting done this morning, not exactly the way I had planned with the chalk. It was too wide a pattern for my mid-arm so I revised it as I went. The blue decorative shoulder parts are just pinned on. There will be a collar that is brown on one side and blue on the other that goes all the way down the front. It will also have facing at the bottom and around the side slit.
Things I learned.
1. It's pretty heavy when quilted. It would probably be fine with just a lining or else quilted with no lining.
2. I knew this but forgot. Draw the pattern pieces on after quilting. I forgot to account for shrinkage when quilted. It's not much but made it a bit hard to fit the underarms. I'll have to cut a bit off the lining at the bottom.
3. Be careful of the straight side of the pieces that get narrow at the top. I think I have one or two wrong and it may not hang exactly straight.
Maybe that's why it's good to work in a series.