Search This Blog

Friday, May 07, 2010

Values


Here I have arranged it with the lights in the upper left corner to match the light on the boxes. I can already see some red ones on the left that have to be moved up higher. Then when you move a couple of them, some more look out of place...



This is the black and white version so I can check on the values. It's very hard, with such a busy pattern, to tell which blocks are darker and which are lighter. I want to make some more boxes to spill out into the border.
This is the second of many versions.

4 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Girl, your patience and determination to get everything in the right place astounds me. When I get to that point, I want it DONE, even when it's not right. I will use YOUR example as my personal goal to hang in a bit longer to make it RIGHT! Thanks. THis is stunning and beautiful!

Libby Fife said...

The black and white photo is always a good tool! I agree, you have lots of patience:)

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

I have been watching this change and evolve. So interesting really. I would never have put these two blocks together. Yet you are making it work!
Can not wait to see the final solution.

*karendianne. said...

Wow, this is smashing! Very interesting to see the work in progress here. Extremely good idea with the black and white version. I think though that I'd need a break. Only because it looks like a lot of work, not because of any other reason. My little brain starts to short circuit.