Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Another Tour Finished

We had at least 200 people visit our studio on Sunday. It was like a madhouse. There were some old friends who dropped by but we really didn't have time to visit with them. I had a lot of quilters of different levels of experience and it was interesting to chat with them. There are several people who said they were going home to start a Wonky Log Cabin. I think that one got the most attention. People can't believe that something so unplanned can actually turn out.

I was too busy to take photos of the visitors on Sunday so I am including one of a wonderful writing desk we saw on our holiday . It was in an antique shop in Morrow Bay, California. I just love it but even if I could have afforded it, the car was already packed to the roof so absolutely no room for something like that.

5 comments:

mathea said...

I can understand that they wanted to make Log cabin quilts - your Wonky Log Cabin looks great!
Thank you so much for the kind comment you left in my blog :-)

Laura said...

Congratulations on such a great turn out! Sounds like something I would love to do.

Lois R. said...

Wow! 200 people! That's unbelievable!

I guess people are so drawn to the wonky log cabins because it is so uncommon, but so accessible. Traditional quilting has so many rules, but the liberated stuff has no rules! What's not to love about it?

By the way, love the desk. That would have caught my eye too.

meggie said...

hi there Joyce,
Nice to find you, via Deb at more whiffs etc. I shall check out your nice blog again!

Rian said...

I have been behind in my blog reading and just saw this post about ten days after the fact. I live near Morro Bay. Small world, huh?