Search This Blog

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Slacker

I have been a very slack blogger lately but I have my excuses ready. What with five extra people living here (their new home is available next weekend, but really we will be sorry to see them go), recovering from our trip, and trying to get ready for the studio tour next weekend, my days have been rather full.



This is a photo of the layout I have decided on for the Wonky Log Cabin quilt. I hope to get it sewn together before the tour but it doesn't look likely. Our days are pretty well booked up for all of next week unless I can slide in a bit of sewing early in the morning. Meanwile I have started cleaning and organizing the studio.
We have Summer's quilt, which she finished piecing while we were away, ready to pin. She has still not decided on how to quilt it but she did make two very cute pillows to go with it. I suggested something easy because once school starts on Wed. she won't have much time to work on it.
Hopefully, after the next couple of weeks, things will slow down and I will finish the Double Wedding Ring and Log Cabin and get the Double Irish Chain on the quilting frame. Then I will feel free to start something new. Not sure what it will be yet but maybe something else scrappy.

9 comments:

quiltpixie said...

I'm hoping to head out your direction for the Artist's Open House, and see that log cabin in person...

ForestJane said...

Ohh, that's my favorite layout for a log cabin.... and on my list of log cabins to make too!

Hedgehog said...

Great wonky log cabin! I love log cabins and need to challenge myself to be more wonky!

Darcie said...

I think it would be great for your art tourists to see something in progress on your design wall. That's what it's all about!

I'll be thinking of you in the days ahead...wishing I could jont north!

Cynthia said...

your wonky log cabine looks great. I like the layout you have chosen.

Finn said...

Hi Joyce, you sure have been one busy lady! But life keeps happening, so we make the best of it..*VBS* I imagine it will feel good to get to the regular routine also.
I love the layout you've chosen for your wonky logs. It just looks "right". Hugs, Finn

Linda said...

I just LOVE this wonky quilt - the layout works brilliantly :-)

Lois R. said...

Love the layout. Did you plan the light star on a dark background, or was it just a happy accident?

Join the too-busy-to-blog club. Seems like everybody's real lives are keeping them to busy to blog these days...

Fiona said...

I like both the wonkiness and the layout you have chosen - just perfect.