Search This Blog

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Another Spring Quilt


What do you do if there is a BLIZZARD and you can't get to town to buy backing for a finished top? Well, you start another one, of course. This one is super simple with no corners to match . I used left-overs from the last quilt and I can't believe how fast it has been to put together. I have two more rows to sew together and then I can assemble the rows. The pattern is from an old thrift shop quilt magazine but I think it's a traditional one. The one in the magazine had a wide white border. I am debating whether to do that or to use the blue border like the one in the photo or a narrow blue inner border and then the white one. I might make it a bit bigger, although the borders will add a lot to the size. I can't believe how much it shrinks when you sew all those little pieces together.
Yes, I did say blizzard at the top of this post. We woke up to freezing rain with the threat of snow and wind causing a blizzard. So far it has been freezing rain and we are hoping the power won't go off.

5 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Well, it sure is a WHOLE lot more pleasurable than cleaning! Funny - when I have a long weekend, I have to go to the LQS, just in case ...

It IS all spring-y looking! Nice. White would be nice -- that's because I am also doing a spring-y quilt, with white border! Couldn't help myself!

Alice Grace said...

Very lovely quilt! Hope your weather gets better soon!

Silverthimble said...

I think our terrible "winter" weather finally made it to you! Good grief--will spring ever get here!

Katie said...

Love the quilt and definitely like the wide blue border. Such a simple pattern and so very effective. Spring came by here for the last 10 days. Tomorrow?

ForestJane said...

That one turned out very nice for only being scraps from another quilt!