Monday, April 14, 2008
I finally got back into the studio. I wanted to start off with something fairly fast and easy so I picked another one from Karla Alexander's newest book, New Cuts for New Quilts. I wanted a spring look so I chose some of the pastels and flower fabrics that I won on a couple of blog draws. I was going to use dark flowered fabrics for the alternate color but I didn't have enough of them that I liked and I also thought it looked just too chaotic. To pull it together a bit I used solids but now I think I would have been better with the dark flowered fabrics. You can never tell until it's done though and if I arrange them a bit more once I have all the blocks done it might please me more. Meanwhile it is bright and spring like so I won't complain too much.