Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Almost Done


Here is another Wonky quilt that is almost finished. I just have to hand sew the binding down and put on a label. The binding will be done in the next couple of days but who knows when the label will get put on. I don't know why that is so hard to do but I always procrastinate. I should make up a lot of them and just add the details at the last minute.
I quilted the borders on this one using the regular machine but I think next time I will do them on the big frame and just turn the quilt to do the sides after the rest is done. I had forgotten what a pain it is to handle a whole quilt on the regular machine and this is a small one.The next one lined up for quilting is the pastel one with blue trim.

11 comments:

Tracey in CT said...

Very nice! This sort of quilt is one of my very favorites, such fun to make and look at!

jovaliquilts said...

So much fun! I like it. I'm the same way about labels, and many of my quilts just don't have them.

atet said...

I'm the same way about labels. That is probably why most of my quilts don't have ANY labels :0). LOVE the new four patch quilt as well -- it's beautiful.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

hi Joyce, I am getting back into the land of the living and catching up. The wonky quilt looks great as does the kind of Irish chain one, but I am really locing the one, is it "out of the block?"
I should go back and check but I think you know what i mean, the whole style looks fantastic.
you do such fabulous work.
I would ber interested in the liberated quiltmaking book, good to hear there is a chance it is coming back.
The family all look well, keep up the good work, Tracey

meggie said...

That is lovely! I have been sewing for days, & it just isn't appealing to me! I feel it is a Dogs Breakfast,but I can hardly call it that! I laid it out on the floor, & Gom told me he likes it. When I told him I wanted to give it as a gift, he said "Dont give it away!"

Darcie said...

What is it about labels?! I too am the same. It just kind of gets forgotten. No matter...your Wonky quilt is darling! So much character and charm.

Hope that you get to enjoy some sunshine this weekend!

Silverthimble said...

I love this quilt! I am also working on blocks for a quilt like this. I waffle between no sashing between the blocks like you have and adding sashing between the blocks. Maybe once I have finished the blocks, I will have decided! LOL

Lynda said...

Labels semm to be a common sticking point. What a clever idea to make several at the same time and add specific details later. I'll try it out.

jacquie said...

Beautiful fabrics! Love this. I'm with you on labels...I always do it last....last minute or not at all!

Judy said...

Love the colors: so vibrant! You are so prolific!!

xo

Kim said...

This quilt turned out very nicely! What kind of machine and frame are you using?