Search This Blog

Saturday, June 28, 2008

More K



I have done a few more blocks on the Kaleidoscope quilt and I made some boxes according to the instructions in the book. They turned out amazingly well, considering how non-precision my sewing is. The second from the top one has a different light fabric and it didn't work quite as well. There was too much contrast and the little black triangle gets lost in it. I haven't spent any time on arrangement yet. I am thinking of a black border with some of the boxes and maybe other pieces going into the border. The fabric has dragons on it so I may look at placing a fussy cut dragon somewhere on the design. I'll see how it looks when the time comes. I'll probably fuse it down if I use it.

This is a close-up of the boxes. They are not sewn together down the middle. They will look a lot better when that is done but it won't happen until they are all in place and I start assembling the quilt.

11 comments:

Fiber Babble said...

Oh, how cool is THAT! I love 3-D-looking stuff, and the fabric you're using is really making it work. Great job!

(Are you going to be able to part with this when your daughter wants to claim it?)

(Can I be your daughter???)

:-)

Narelle said...

The boxes are so cool, makes me think I should do another kaleidoscope with a lot more boxes. Great fabric too.

Ali Honey said...

I'll have to add something like yours here to my want to do list. What degree of difficulty?

jovaliquilts said...

Awesome boxes!! Those are just great. Are the directions for those in the same book?

Diana said...

The boxes are really striking. The fussy cut of the dragon sounds like a good idea.

Libby said...

Wow - they look great! I love all the variations.

meggie said...

I have never tried a Kaliedascope & it looks so effective.

Clare said...

I love those boxes. I'm a sucker for 3D!

Karen said...

What a neat dimensional quilt this is going to make. Excellent fabric choices.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

I love that quilt and can't wait to see it complete.

Ahava Hopps Brooke said...

wow. this is going to be killer.