Wednesday, June 25, 2008
A Productive Day
Today I got the huge queen sized quilt loaded on the frame and a couple of rows stitched. Everything is humming along nicely so far. Fingers crossed.
I also cut out a bunch of the kaleidoscope blocks from the new book. They are all cut from the dragon fabric that I got at Blue Bamboo in Minneapolis. I sewed together some of them. In the picture I left a space on the gray one to show that they are not sewn down the middle so that when assembling the quilt, there will be no set-in seams. I will probably go back to Elmer's school glue again because all those middle seams are bias and very prone to stretching. I haven't spent any time yet on the arrangement and will also try a few of the boxes that are illustrated in the book. My favorite block so far is the one in the middle with a lot of white on it.