Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Bag Fever


I got hit with bag fever again this morning and this is the result. There are a couple of mistakes that I have to correct before I can finish it. Mainly, I have the handle on inside out so I have to decide whether to undo the sewing on the ends of the bag or undo the sewing on the handle. Both are rather distasteful and time consuming. The peacock fabric is a big pocket .


This is the front. I want to make a big yoyo in the peacock fabric with a smaller one in black to put in the center of it. This is my favorite bag pattern right now. I like the size and shape. The pattern calls for two handles but I prefer a shoulder strap. The pocket on the outside back is my idea too. I like that feature on a bag for sunglasses, grocery lists, etc.


This is a second attempt at a mandala using a stamp I carved from an eraser and fabric paints from a squeeze bottle. I'm still not happy with this one so I'll probably keep trying...

8 comments:

Sue H said...

cute, cute, cute bag! Fabulous choice of fabric.

Libby Fife said...

Love the bag. Keep going with the mandals-I think you are on to something there:)

Libby Fife said...

I of course mean mandalas!

Ali Honey said...

Wow! Love that one. I have not seen that fabric here yet.

quiltmom anna said...

You make the best bags, Joyce.
If you are looking for more bag patterns - I posted a link on my blog last week that had a large number of free patterns for bags.
The mandala is really lovely as well.
I am sure you will find the best solution to adjust your bag. The fabrics are fabulous and I really like this bag design.
Regards,
Anna

em's scrapbag said...

Great bag. Love the peacock fabric.

YankeeQuilter said...

That peacock fabric is wonderful...pattern is nice too!

Wanda said...

I love it!! It's great!! Bag fever is definitely a "sickness" that becomes you lol I like both the mandalas. They are very different from each other but both very nice.