Search This Blog

Thursday, August 20, 2009

A New Technique


I wanted to try a technique from Quilting Arts magazine so I made another cuff. This technique was to quilt and then color with Shiva Paintsticks. On the right side I stippled, not very expertly. I can do it a lot better on my frame but it's difficult to attach something 3x6 inches to a frame that will hold a king sized quilt. After I stippled I went over it with a pink paintstick. On the left side I echoed the curve of the stamped shape and then used a luminous grey paintstick. I added dark beads to the light triangles in the centre piece of fabric. These little cuffs are perfect for trying out new ideas and techniques.

4 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Interesting as on my computer the cruved lines are gold not pink or grey.???
Pretty.

Meggie said...

What fun you are having.

Lily Mulholland said...

I was really tempted to buy some Shiva sticks, but decided it would have to wait. So excited to see you playing with them Joyce.

Judy said...

I love using Shiva paint sticks too, but haven't tried them on a cuff. Yes, your swirl appears gold on my monitor also.

xo