Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

More on the Boxes


I made a few more boxes and re-arranged them. This could go on for quite some time. They look too static right now. I might try them more spaced out so they don't look so piled up.

I dyed some fabric for the background but wasn't satisfied with the color. I did two shades of blue but both turned out too muted and with not enough mottling for what I wanted. I may try later today with some muslin that has a pattern and see how that looks.

7 comments:

Dolores said...

They are so much fun to look at. I have always liked the 3-D effect in quilting. I hope you're having fun with them.

Donna said...

this layout is very balanced and symetrical...

quiltmom anna said...

You do such interesting designs and patterns- I have a tumbling blocks quilt that is sitting in a bag upstairs just waiting for me to take it on again- it somehow always gets pushed to the back burner.
Still ruminating on the slasher quilt but think I am going to slash it at least once - perhaps in 3 places and add some leaf fabric to where I slash it - Not nearly as talented as yourself when it comes to creating new designs... but will have a slash at it LOL
Happy quilting,
Regards,
Anna

Debra Dixon said...

Those grey boxes at the bottom sure change the look of your composition. I could see all kinds of ways you could go with them. Interesting.

Mary Dylke said...

Very cool!

Wanda said...

I can't believe this. This is one of the most amazing quilted things I've ever seen. Wow...it must be really cool to stand back and look at it because I'm sure while sewing, you don't really get the effect that you do from a distance. I am really impressed!

em's scrapbag said...

This is so cool. I love how the boxes just take shape.