Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Cat Apartment


This is the quilt I finished for the friend whose mother had pieced it. It is huge. It barely fit on my frame. It is beautiful although not my style. I quilted it with all over loops.


This is the cat wall hanging made into a cat apartment as suggested by my critique group. I decided not to put any horizontal lines in the side strips to keep the apartment look. I had to search a long time through my stash to find the right fabric for the roof. Now to decide how to quilt it. I'll probably do this one on my DSM because it's quite small, only about 10 inches by about one yard long.

2 comments:

Mary-Frances said...

The cat apartment is awesome, great fabric choices, love it! Your friend's quilt is wonderful too, bravo on a job well done.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love the colours in the quilt - it looks beautiful. And your cat apartment is inspired - you should market that pattern!