Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Kokopeli Problems


I finally decided on a border for my Kokopeli quilt. I measured the turquoise rick rack and it looked as it it would just fit. Unfortunately, it didn't .


It was about an inch too short once it was sewn. What to do??



A few yoyos and problem solved. I may change the lower left one. It fades into the background more than the others.
Tomorrow I get to pick up my new Husqvarna sewing machine. I haven't seen it but apparently it's an embroidery machine. I can't wait to meet it!

3 comments:

Magpie Sue said...

I've just had a similar thing happen to me. I could have sworn I had enough binding for the quilt but I was about 9" short. Aarrgh! At least it was a fairly easy fix... after I found the right fabric to add in ;- )

Lindy said...

love your solution!! looks great!

Exuberant Color said...

I had no idea this quilt was so bright from your previous photos. It is really pretty and a great solution to a problem.