I have done all I can on the cityscape. I tore it half apart this morning to replace the polkadot with a darker fabric. Some parts of it I really like. The blue and pink tower on the left looks just as I want it to. I am less happy with the bottom layer of buildings. I couldn't figure out how to make them overlap the back row the way I wanted. I ended up making two sections and sewing them together. It's not exactly what I want but maybe the next one (if there is a next one) will be better. I would probably spend more time with graph paper or the computer, planning it out. Now that I have done one I know more about how things go together.
Now I have two different borders that I have to chose between. The checkerboard seemed a bit too big for the size of the city. It is really quite small, unlike the jungle which finished at nearly 70 inches square. This one is more like 18 inches at this point. I think I am leaning a bit more toward the checkered looking one but I am not sure yet. Then I will have to think about the next border, if I use one, which I probably will.
Most of the fabrics in this quilt are hand dyes which I made during the last year. I use Procion MX dyes and low water immersion method. I really like the gray smog-like background on this one. I wouldn't want to live in this city though.