Wednesday, January 24, 2007
I finally found a dark border that I can live with. It looks black but it actually has tiny leaf prints. I wanted a touch of green but couldn' t find exactly what I had in mind. This one was on the half price shelf so that was a bonus. I'm not sure if you can see the pattern in the photo. It's hard to take a good closeup with our dinosaur digital camera.
I have some green that looks like snake skin so I thought I'd carry the jungle theme into the border by appliqueing (by machine) snakes there. I had a closer photo but for some reason Blogger took a dislike to it and refused to load it.
I took Lily from Cascade's advice and put on an orange border before the dark one . I really like the way it goes with the pink, surprisingly. Thanks Lily.
I also got a green print for the backing. Both the new pieces are in the washer right now so as soon as that is done I'll get to the snakes. After the snakes are on and the borders attached I think I will finally be ready for quilting.