I have been tagged by Ferret Fabricates to reveal some things about myself that I haven't mentioned before on my blog. Turns out it is a lot harder than you would think.
1. I taught on an Indian Reservation for three years in the 1960's. It was so exciting. We had to fly in with float planes in the summer, landing on the water, and ski planes in the winter. We had to walk everywhere because it was before snowmobiles. The only other transportation was Bombardiers, a sort of car on skis and tracks,but there weren't many of them. There was no electricity or TV or radio. At night in the winter it was absolutely silent except for the ice cracking once in awhile. I loved it.
2. I have travelled a lot in Europe, China, Japan, Australia and USA as well as across Canada. I still have to see South America, India and Africa and the Middle East but not sure when that will happen.
3. I love to cook. I would start a food blog as well as my quilting one but I am too lazy (or hungry) to take the photos before we eat. I also don't really follow recipes all that much and it seems like a lot of work to write out how I make things.
4. We ran a Youth Hostel for awhile in the 1970's. It was fun, like travelling without having the work of going anywhere. We made a pancake breakfast every morning for the travellers.
5. I went to a one-room country school for grades 1 to 7. My first teaching job was in a similar school.
As for tagging others, this meme has been around for awhile and I don't want to tag someone who has already been tagged , so if you haven't done it yet, consider yourself tagged.