Search This Blog

Friday, January 19, 2007

More Wonky Work

I have been very lax about posting this week. We have been searching for a new stove and dishwasher and finally got them today. The dishwasher is not hooked up yet but the stove is wonderful.




I got some more fabric in Morden but in the end, after auditioning both of them, I still went with the polka dots in the first border of black and white. I lined it with iron-on interfacing to make it a bit stronger. I will use one of the new fabrics in the next black and white border. The checkers will look great on a cityscape if I make one.
Today I put the dotted border on and the trees on three sides. I still need one more tree. I thought I had enough but when you sew them together the strip gets shorter. Then it will be the triangle border but I have to decide whether the next black and white border will go between thetrees and triangles or after the triangles. In the picture I have it between the trees and triangles but now I am thinking it might be better on the other side of the triangles.

10 comments:

quiltpixie said...

the polka dots look great! I was just thinking of your village and wondering how it was coming along... you'll soon be able to remove the "under construciton signs" from around the town :-)

dirtylittleslurry said...

wow what a cute quilt! now the sidewalk looks like a pebble path... maybe you could use gold fabric? like shiney gold? like a sand path or something. the black and white is a cute contrast though to all the colour... the quilting is just amazing mum. Someone asked me what you are doing with all the quilts you make? are you selling them? maybe you should put something on your site, like a little store or something in case someone wants to buy something or order it? it's really great stuff and that's a great way to share it (even though they gotta pay, heheh) with people who can't quilt...
xo
c

Libby said...

Ahhh -- new appliances. I would love a new range. The one we has is good, I just would like to have a double oven. This one will go on the fritz someday.

Jodie said...

I like the black and white between the trees and the triangles, I think it breaks up all that colour and the triangles are more noticable then. Just my opinion of course!

I think it is looking great, I love the idea of a city scape as well!

Jodie

Susan said...

I like the polka dots first, too. If those piano keys are the border after the triangles, I definitely think that the checkerboard needs to separate those.

New appliances - even used appliances that are new to me - are always a cause for celebration.

margaret said...

That looks fabulous! It's really got "spirit".

meggie said...

Looking good!!
New appliances!
I could not live comfortably without my dishwasher! I know they say they waste water, but we only use ours when it is really full, & are very careful, so I dont think we waste either water or electricity.
As to a new stove... ha ha, we got one, but it is not exciting, & is very basic!

Maureen said...

I like your wonky village, such a fun quilt. The fabrics all work so well together.

Darcie said...

Your village is progressing so nicely.

I like the left side of your quilt in the pic...and think that the checkerboard would work quite well between the triangle border and the piano key border. Just a thought.

Quilting Kim said...

Oh, Joyce - your wonky house/village quilt is delightful. I only wish that I could be daring as you are with your fabric selections - which look great. I really need to venture outside the box. I especially love the block that has the flower garden for a front lawn.