Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Computers!

We are having computer woes here again. Well, this time it's the modem and I can't get online with my computer. It's a nuisance because I am spending a lot of time trying to fix it. I get it going and then suddenly it goes off for no reason that I can see. I'll have to call my computer gurus I guess. Meanwhile, all my pictures are on my computer so this will be a boring, pictureless post.

I have been quilting on Sweet Dreams and am almost finished.
I have been looking at a Pfaff Grand Quilter and frame. They are on sale right now at our local Pfaff dealer. Has anyone had any experience with this machine? Is it worth the price? It's a lot less than a long arm machine. The sale will last until Christmas so I don't have to hurry with my decision.

4 comments:

Tracey in CT said...

I have one! Actually,I have the older version of the frame (The Inspira), so I'm probably not the best person to give you advise since you'll probably get the Next Generation frame.

Overall I am very happy, though I've had some bumps in the road (learning curve, and all). The big thing to remember is that the quilting space in the throat is bigger than a 'regular' machine, but its a far cry from a longarm. For what I do, it is fabulous.

I'd suggest going to Yahoo Groups and joining the group called "Pfaff Hobby Grand Quilter", you can get tons and tons of advice and comments from the ladies over there, they've been hugely helpful to me.

Susan said...

Merry Sunshine is wonderful. You are amazing..........

Sorry about your computer woes. It will be fixed one day soon.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have the Babylock model and feel you get a lot more for your money if you are ever going to use it without the frame. I don't have the frame.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Good luck with your computer woes - I KNOW it can be frustrating!!! Maybe the shop will give you demo before you buy? Or do they give classes? I JUST looked at the Viking Grand Quilter/Next Generation frame this week, but here in Canada it is a good $1000 more than in the US, so I was just looking - but it IS fun to look. It does look like a great set-up for small quilting designs...

Cheers!

Evelyn