Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Alternate Blocks


Today I did the alternate blocks and I quite like it now. Next I'll trim them and decide on the arrangement. I don't want to play around with them too much because of all the bias edges. I have a choice of dark blue or dark brown for the borders. I want a thin narrow border, either between the quilt and dark border or in the middle of the dark border. The narrow border can be either gold or orange.

Clare from Quilts 4 Leukemia has put out a call for some red hearts for one of her quilts. I made these two today but maybe I'll do a few more. I seems a waste to send only two.

6 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

That is turning out to be an outstanding quilt. What lovely fabric.

meggie said...

That does look better with the alternate blocks in place.

I love those little hearts, how sweet.

Karen said...

Those hearts are adorable...where would i find that pattern?

Anonymous said...

The hearts are so cute!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This quilt is reminding me of nasturtiums for some reason. My mother used to grow them. I don't usually use orange but this makes me want to get them out and play with them.

Darcie said...

I REALLY am liking your stack/slash quilt now...even more than before. Lots of movement and activity...without dizziness though. Very well done, Joyce! Glad you're liking it too.

Darling hearts! They remind me of those that we used to "weave" out of construction paper back in grade school.